NO-BRAINER FRENCH CUT GREEN BEANS
It also will temp the picky eaters who don't enjoy the larger string beans and dislike watery vegetables as you cook without adding water. Little ones and school age love them.
- 1 bag(s)
- frozen french cut green beans, 160z
- 1/4- 1/2 c
- red onion finely chopped
- 1-2 slice
- lean, thick cut smoked bacon (vegetarians omit)
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- canola oil
- Keep all ingredients frozen (french cut green beans and bacon) until ready to use.
- Chop onions. Fine onions cook fast and are tender.
- Cut frozen smoked thick-cut bacon in half and then in thin (1/8-1/4) strips.
- Open bag of french cut green beans.
- Have red pepper flakes and salt ready.
Place teaspoon of oil in skillet and heat on medium high.
Immediately add the bacon and push around for 30 seconds to separate the pieces.
Add the onions to the pan.
Saute' for about 1 minute.
Add the frozen green french cuts on top of the onions and bacon strips. Don't mix.
Do not cover, do not stir at this point. It looks like it's smoking, but it's just defrosting and won't burn in this stage on medium high to high heat.
Add the red pepper flakes--this is a good time to do this because you can see how much you are adding. For spicier beans add more pepper flakes--some like it hot !
Stir occasionally to check the bottom to insure no burning.
You'll see the green beans get limp and still nice and green--taste and season to your taste and cook for 5-8 minutes.
Turn off heat, but leave on the burner and get the plates ready to serve.
Leftover reheats for a take- to- work meal or next day side.