How to Make My Super Serious Summer Salad--HELLO AUGUST!
- 1Boil the five ears of corn (break before you boil).
(If you have an outdoor grill, feel free to grill the corn for added flavor, just make sure you brush the corn with olive oil)
Boil briefly so they stay sweet, cool them and then slice the corn off the ear.
- 2Halve the cherry tomatoes. If you can't use heirloom, just use the most garden fresh sweet ones you can find.
- 3Chop one small white onion.
- 4Take two large ripe peaches (the ones that drip with sweetness down your cheek) and dice them. Use three if you want.
- 5Toss ingredients in large bowl, add a splash of good balsamic vinegar (don't drown).
- 6Add a splash of good olive oil.
- 7Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8One ripe lime or lemon and squeeze thoroughly. If desired, add cilantro for a mexican flair. Not required.
- 9Toss it all together, good to eat immediately or fine to let it marinate and soak the juices. Pairs beautifully with mexican soft grilled tacos, a great fried chicken, or even a burger. Easily feel free to add colorful peppers or even cucumber if you so desire! Its a crowd pleaser. If you don't have fresh corn, the frozen grilled corn at Trader Joe's is a fair substitute.