1napa cabbage, b roken into bite-sized pieces, salted
1/2 cgreen onions, tops and bottoms julienne
1/2 ccarrots, julienne
1/2 cdaikon radish, sliced
1 bunch(bulb) garlic smashed into a pulp
1/4 ctoasted sesame seeds
·red pepper flakes (i used 1/4 cup....how hot do you want it?)
2 Tbspfish sauce
How to Make Kim Chi
- Hand shred the cabbage into bite sized pieces. Lightly salt and toss. Let it sit for 1/2 to an hour.
- Cover cabbage with water and allow to sit 30+ minutes or until the cabbage sinks (water is absorbed).
- Drain the cabbage. A little water is ok...you don't want it too dry. Add the green onions, carrots, radish, garlic, sesame, red pepper, sugar and salt.
- Use gloves to toss it altogether to cover completely.
- Add fish sauce and mix lightly.
- Store in a clean glass jar or a plastic jar. If you want your Kim Chi on the sour side, let it sit for 1-2 days and then put it in the fridge.