Healthier Green Bean Casserole
- cooking spray
- 2 pkg
- 9 oz. each frozen french-style green beans or 2 cans 15 oz. each
- 2 tsp
- light butter
- 1/3 c
- chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp
- fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 can(s)
- 10 3/4 oz. size lower fat condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 c
- plain nonfat yogurt
- 1-2 Tbsp
- diced pimiento
- 1 small
- can fat-free french fried onions (optional)
How to Make Healthier Green Bean Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 2Cook frozen green beans according to package directions. Drain well. (If using canned beans, just drain & use.)
- 3Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook onion in light butter, until onion is tender. Stir in bread crumbs. Remove from heat.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, stir together soup, yogurt, and diced pimiento. Stir in beans.
- 5Transfer mixture to prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle crumb mixture atop beans, in casserole dish. *(For using French fried onion, see next step.)
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 mins., or until mixture is heated through and crumbs are golden.
*(If using French fried onions, instead of crumbs, bake for 20 mins.; take out of oven, and sprinkle on the French fried onions, and put back in oven, for another 5-10 mins.)