Green Beans a l'orange with Almonds and Wild Rice
1 pkgfrozen french cut green beans
4 Tbspbutter or margarine
1/2 Tbspdried minced onions
·salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsporange zest
1/2 calmonds, slivered
1 pkgwild rice, cooked per directions
How to Make Green Beans a l'orange with Almonds and Wild Rice
- Defrost Green beans until they easily fall apart. (about 10 min) all microwaves are different.
- Melt butter in skillet on med. high, add green beans and dried minced onion sautee 3 to 4 min on medium heat.
- Add orange zest and almonds. Toss to coat and remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- * I do not like my green beans "squishy" I like them fairly crisp. You may adjust cook time to suit your preferences.
- Serve over wild rice and sprinkle top with a few more almonds.