East Texas Onion Pudding
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 Tbsppeanut oil
2 1/4 lbonions, halved and thinly sliced
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 cwhipping cream
2 tspfresh lemon juice
·salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make East Texas Onion Pudding
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook until golden brown and lightly caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in bourbon and garlic and cook until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Let stand until cool to touch.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Blend cream, eggs and yolks in a large bowl.
- Mix in onions and lemon juice.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and lightly with cayenne.
- Pour into 6-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Bake until center of pudding is firm. 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.