I hope you will enjoy this simply lovely dish. We enjoy it served over buttery, garlic mashed potatoes.
·2 tbsp butter
·6 leeks, cleaned, white & green parts only, halved lenghtwise and sliced
·2/3 cup water
·2/3 cup chicken stock
·2/3 cup cream
·1 tsp mustard, coarse, champagne, brown
·2 - 3 tbsp cheese, grated cheddar (or your preference)
·1/2 tsp salt, sea
·1/2 tsp black pepper, fresh ground
How to Make Creamed Leeks
- Put pan over medium heat and add the butter; next add the leeks and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, to prevent them from burning.
- When they have softened add the water and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- When it is at a rapid boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now remove the lid, turn the heat to high, stir constantly until all the liquid has evaporated (8 minutes).
- Now turn the heat back to low and stir the cream and the mustard into the leek mixture, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Then add the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.