Creamed Carrot and Rutabaga Puree
This recipe can easily be halved as it does make a large amount.
- 2 lb
- carrots, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 lb
- rutabaga peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- salt to add to water to boil vegetables
- 1/4 c
- unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp
- ground red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 c
- heavy whipping cream
THIS RECIPE CAN BE HALVED EASILY
How to Make Creamed Carrot and Rutabaga Puree
- 1Combine carrot and rutabaga cubes in a large pan with cold water to cover and a dash of salt.
Bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer until fork tender. (about 20 minutes)
- 2Drain well. Put through a ricer or food mill. (can use the Kitchen Aid or even a food processor if you want it very smooth)
Return it to the pot. Add butter,red pepper,salt and pepper and stir until butter has melted.
Blend in the heavy cream. Reheat, stirring constantly until warmed through.