Cheesy Mushroom Bread Pudding Casserole
Recipe of Campbell's soup;tweaked and adopted by me and my family.
Recipe great by omitting the fresh mushroom and using diced fresh vegetables such as,blanched broccoli,asparagus, cauliflower ar just add with the mushrooms..many possibilities here by adding leftover cooked meat too...
- 12 slice
- your favorite bread, cut into cubes
- 3 c
- sliced mushrooms, fresh
- 1/4 c
- diced onion
- 10 3/4 oz
- can cream of mushroom soup( reg. or fat-free)
- 4 large
- 2 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme leaves,crushed between fingers
- 1/8 tsp
- of each dry mustard and black pepper
- 1 c
- shredded swiss cheese (4 oz. pkg.)
How to Make Cheesy Mushroom Bread Pudding Casserole
- 1Heat oven to 375^. Spray a 3-qt. shallow dish with buttery cooking spray.
Combine and place prepared bread cubes,onions and mushrooms into the dish.
- 2Beat together the soup,eggs, milk, thyme,dry mustard and pepper in a medium bowl with a whisk. Pour mixture over bread mixture , pressing the mixture down to coat evenly. Let stand for 30 minutes to soak up liquid.
Bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over casserole evenly and bake for 10 minutes more or until cheese has melted. Serve with gravy over top of each serving, if desired.