Cheesy Mushroom Bread Pudding Casserole
Recipe of Campbell's soup;tweaked and adopted by me and my family.
Recipe great by omitting the fresh mushroom and using diced fresh vegetables such as,blanched broccoli,asparagus, cauliflower ar just add with the mushrooms..many possibilities here by adding leftover cooked meat too...
- 12 slice
- your favorite bread, cut into cubes
- 3 c
- sliced mushrooms, fresh
- 1/4 c
- diced onion
- 10 3/4 oz
- can cream of mushroom soup( reg. or fat-free)
- 4 large
- 2 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme leaves,crushed between fingers
- 1/8 tsp
- of each dry mustard and black pepper
- 1 c
- shredded swiss cheese (4 oz. pkg.)
Combine and place prepared bread cubes,onions and mushrooms into the dish.
Bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over casserole evenly and bake for 10 minutes more or until cheese has melted. Serve with gravy over top of each serving, if desired.