BUTTERED PEAS AND PEARL ONIONS
- 1-1/2 lb
- pearl onions
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 1/4 c
- (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 tsp
- chopped fresh dill
- 2 c
- fresh sweet peas, shelled - or - frozen peas
- lemon, juiced
- 1 small
- bunch watercress, washed and trimmed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make BUTTERED PEAS AND PEARL ONIONS
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pearl onions and blanch for 3 minutes. Drain and immerse in ice water; drain again. Cut off the stem end of the pearl onion and squeeze out of skin.
- 2In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the chicken broth, 2 Tblsp. of the butter, and 2 tsp. of the dill.
- 3When the mixture gets hot, add the pearl onions and peas. Cook and stir for 5 minutes until well coated and thickened slightly.
- 4Add the lemon juice, watercress, remaining butter and dill; season with salt and pepper. Serve.