Betty's Grilled Eggplant Slices
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 large eggplant
·1/4 cup salt
How to Make Betty's Grilled Eggplant Slices
- Cut the woody top off your eggplant. Slice into 1/3 inch (about 1 cm slices)
- Layer the eggplant in a colander. between each layer sprinkle with salt. The salt removes the bitterness. Leave for 20-30 minutes - liquid will come out of the eggplant.
- Wash each slice, removing all salt and pat dry.
- Heat your panini style sandwich press and spray with a little oil. Lay eggplant slices on the hot base and close the lid. Cook for 90 seconds - or until cooked.
- Continue until all the slices are cooked. Cool and use or cool, cover and refrigerate.