Beets and Spicy Rice
This is so delicious you will want to serve it often just because it is so tasty. Serve with any roasted poultry, pork or beef roast.
- 2 c
- basmati rice (from whole foods)
- 2 stick
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- sweet onion, diced
- 2 small
- green chiles, mild, sliced lengthwise, seeded
- 3 medium
- beets, trimmed, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp
- lime juice
- 2 Tbsp
- powdered coconut (from whole foods)
- salt to taste
How to Make Beets and Spicy Rice
- 1Be careful seeding this pepper the seeds are hot use gloves or omit pepper altogether.
In a large heavy skillet add the oil and heat over medium flame. Add diced onion and chili strips; sauté for 7 minutes until golden brown.
Add beets. Stir to blend. Lower heat and cover pan and cook 5 minutes or until beets are tender.
- 2Add lime juice, coconut powder and salt to taste. Sauté till beets are tender about 4 more minutes. Turn off heat.
Cook rice according to package directions. Fluff with fork.
Add the hot cooked rice a little at a time to the beet mixture, until all is added to the beet mixture. Mixture will become pink in color. Do not over stir.
Serve hot ; garnished with cilantro leaves, if desired.