BALSAMIC GLAZED PEARL ONIONS
How to Make BALSAMIC GLAZED PEARL ONIONS
- In a saucepan of boiling water blanch one third of onions 3 minutes and drain. Blanch remaining onions in batches in same manner. Cool onions and peel.
- In a large heavy skillet heat oil over high heat and saute onions until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar and water and simmer, stiring occasionally, until onions are tender, about 15 minutes
- Transfer onions with a slotted spoon to a platter, reserving liquid. Simmer reserved liquid until thickened and syrupy and reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Spoon sauce over onions and serve warm at room temperature.