9 day Pickles Sweet and Crisp By freda
These are very tasty stay crispy, and sweet for Years. Very Easy,
even for You beginners.
Just be sure you use a glass container Big enough for the Pickles, or a crock, but No metal.
I have used gallon jars and crocks, or even a big enamal pot they all work well.
- 7 lbs
- about 7 lbs small pickling cukes 4-5
- alum, (the size of a walnut) is used for crispness
- 3 pints
- vinegar white
- 3 lbs
- 1 oz
- 1 oz
- celery seed
- 1 oz
- cinnamon or sticks
- canning salt (un-iodized) @ 2 cups per gal water)
- option:(sub 2 tbs pickling spice for above spices)
9 -DAY CRISPY SWEET CHUNKY PICKLES (VERY OLD RECIPE)
How to Make 9 day Pickles Sweet and Crisp By freda
- 37th day, Cut into chunks 1" size pickles
Simmer in vinegar, add alum, continue to simmer 2 hrs.
- 4add & Heat remaining ingredients, Sugar, and spices, bring to boil, and pour over chunks of pickles.
Drain solution, (do not toss it out) reserve and Bring same solution to a boil for next 3 days and Pour over Pickles . . making a total of 9 days.
pack pickles into jars, add liquid, on last day & Seal.
Makes approx 7-9 pints depends on how many cukes and size you use. Be sure to use small pickling cukes they are the Best for Pickles.