Wild Mushroom and Barley Pilaf
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 8 oz
- portabella mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c
- pearl barley, uncooked, washed and drained
- 3 c
- fat free low sodium chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh dill, snipped or 2 teaspoons dried dill
How to Make Wild Mushroom and Barley Pilaf
- 1Heat a medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Pour the oil into the pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Cook the mushrooms, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms have released some of their juices and the onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- 2Stir in the barley; cook for 1 minute. Stir in the broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low; cook, covered, for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the barley is tender.
- 3Remove from the heat. Stir in the dill-weed and enjoy.