SOOPER-DOOPER CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE
Recipe & photo: Greenbeandelivery.com
2 mediumheads of cauliflower
4 clovegarlic, peeled and smashed
4 - 5 slicebacon
1/4 cheavy cream
6 ozchevre goat cheese (may substitute cream cheese or mascarpone in same amount)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make SOOPER-DOOPER CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE
- Cut up the cauliflower and place in a large stock pot with garlic cloves; cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Continue boiling until cauliflower is very soft when stuck with a fork. Drain in colander.
- While cauliflower and garlic are boiling, fry bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel and then crumble.
- Chop the green onions. Melt butter in a stock pot on low heat. Add green onions and saute until soft. Remove from heat. Add the cauliflower and garlic to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Mash with a potato masher.
- Add the cheese, crumbled bacon, salt and pepper to taste, and mix well.
- Pour into a large buttered or sprayed baking dish and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 30 minutes. Serve hot.