ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BALSAMIC REDUCTION
Recipe & photo: Green Bean Delivery
- 2 lb
- brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c
- dried cherries
- 1/4 c
- spanish almonds (or sliced almonds)
How to Make ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BALSAMIC REDUCTION
- 1Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil. In a bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with the oil. Spread them out on the prepared baking sheet and season with a couple pinches of salt.
- 2Place in a preheated 400º oven and roast until the Brussels sprouts are soft and starting to turn brown, 30-35 minutes. Flip and rotate the Brussels sprouts halfway through the cooking time.
- 3Meanwhile, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce to a hard simmer and allow the balsamic to reduce to 1/3 of a cup. Be careful not to burn the vinegar. Only one or two tablespoons will be needed for this recipe. Store the extras in a glass container in the fridge.
- 4Once the Brussels sprouts are finished, place them into a serving bowl. Add the dried cherries and Spanish almonds, drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of balsamic reduction (or more if desired), stir to incorporate all the ingredients, and check for seasoning.