The roasted beets can be used for salads, soups, pickles or simply as a side dish with a touch of butter.
Use kitchen gloves to keep your hands from turning red when you peel the beets.
How to Make Roasted Beets
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Wash beets to remove any residual dirt.
Leave root and 1 inch of stem intact.
- 3Wrap individual beets tightly in square of aluminum foil and put in oven on rack or on baking sheet.
- 4Bakes about 1 - 1 1/4 hours depending on size of beets.
Test for doneness with a metal skewer. There should be no resistance to the skewer.
- 5Remove from oven and unwrap. When beets are cool enough to handle, with your hands rub the beets to easily slip off the skins and trim the stem and root.
- 6Beets are ready to be used for salads, soups, pickles or simply served as a side dish with a touch of butter.