- heads red cabbage (looks purple)
- onions diced
- 1/2 lb
- bacon and reserved grease
- bay leaves
- whole allspice seeds
- 1 &1/2 c
- 1-1 &1/2 c
How to Make Polish Cabbage
- 1Fry the bacon and crumble. Reserve that and the grease until the cabbage is cooked
- 2Shred cabbage and onion and put in a large pot and cook in water until very soft. Drain.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for another 1/2 hour or 45 minutes until well incorporated and flavors blend.
- 4Serve hot. It gets better the next day