Peas, Potatoes and Dill
Dee Dee Pettersen
- 10 oz
- peas, frozen (or shelled fresh peas)
- 1 large
- 1 small
- 1 dash(es)
- 2 tsp
- dill, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Peas, Potatoes and Dill
- 1Preheat olive oil in a two quart pot. Use low to medium heat.
- 2Finely chop the onion. When oil is hot, slowly sauté the onion until soft.
- 3Peel the potato and slice into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 4After onion is soft, place potato slices evenly around pot. Add just enough water to cover slices. Add a dash of salt.
- 5Bring to a slow boil, cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Test potato with a fork. Before potato becomes soft, add dill and peas.
- 6Cover pot and cook for 5 more minutes till peas are done.
- 7Mix together the flour and sour cream and add to contents of pot, stirring to dissolve.
- 8With lid removed and contents lightly boiling, stir occasionally until mixture thickens noticeably. Remove from heat and serve.