Peas and Lettuce (My Version)
Mary Ann Hanson
- 1 Tbsp
- green onions, choppped (adding some tops)
- 2 c
- frozen green peas
- 2 c
- shredded lettuce (romaine, iceberg, or bibb)
- 1/2 tsp
- dried dill weed
- chicken bouillion cube, crushed
- a couple of splashes of balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Peas and Lettuce (My Version)
- 1Saute green onion in butter until soft.
- 2Add peas, lettuce, dill weed, and bouillion, and a little water (couple of tablespoons). Splash on the balsamic vinegar. Season as desired. Go easy on the salt until the last step. Use the pepper. (I love pepper. Use what you like.)
- 3Cover and simmer for about five minutes until peas are done and lettuce is very wilted. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve.
- 4This is really a note: If you have a good rich chicken stock, you could use that instead of the water and bouillion.