NUNU'S - FRIED CABBAGE & SAUSAGE STEW
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cchopped/diced onion - (or 1 large onion - diced)
1 Tbspminced garlic
2 tspnunu's - "pinch of judgment call" (see seasoning note:)
1 smallcabbage head -- shredded/chopped
2 cdiced tomatoes
1 lbsmoked sausage - such as polish sausage -- cut into 1/2" thick diagonal slices
1 lbred or yukon gold potatoes -- peeled and cut into 1" chunks
·salt and pepper to taste -- (if using "pinch of judgement call" - omit pepper)
How to Make NUNU'S - FRIED CABBAGE & SAUSAGE STEW
- In a large deep skillet (that has a lid) .... melt the butter.
- When butter has melted, add chopped onions and saute until they start looking transparent .... add and stir-in minced garlic and seasoning, mixing all together.
- Add to the skillet the prepared cabbage and continue sauteing and stirring to mix and distribute evenly .... stir-in the tomatoes and continue cooking.
- Add sliced sausage pieces and prepared potatoes .... stir to evenly distribute in the pan. Cover and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes .... or until potatoes are tender.
- Do a taste-test and adjust your seasoning to taste.
- Serve with fresh French bread and butter if desired.