No Fat colorful Cole Slaw with Blanched Broccoli
- fresh broccoli for blanching.
- bell peppers, red & yellow
- 1 sprig(s)
- broccoli to add to the slaw
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- dill pickle juice
- blk pepper
- paprika, sweet mild
- 1 Tbsp
- peppercini with juice
- quarter cabbage
- lime juice
- green apple
How to Make No Fat colorful Cole Slaw with Blanched Broccoli
- 1Heat water filled at 3/4 level in a stainless steel saucepan to boiling.
While waiting for boil. Rinse with cool water the fresh broccoli. Then Cut into large portions.
Add to water. Boil for 5 minutes ONLY.
Then remove and drop into another pan filled with ice cold water & ice cubes to stop cooking process immediately. Set in freezer 5 minutes. Then set in lg. bowl in refrigerator. Your done blanching. Set aside. You won't add the sprig until finished making the slaw.
- 4Optional: sliced celery or slivered almonds would also be good but I didn't have any when making mine. Not sure about celery seed but you could try it.