★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbgreen beans, fresh (strings removed)
·water to cover (salted)
1onion halved and sliced
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 Tbspgarlic (i like the prepared kind in a jar)
2 pinchsalt. kosher
1/4 cparmesan cheese
How to Make Italian green beans
- wash and string beans, leaving them long
- Blanch in large pan (with lid) covering with about 1 inch of salted (broth like) water for 5 mins on med high
- drain Beans and set aside
- in same pan (allow pan to dry) add olive oil, garlic and onions allow to carmelize
- after onions and garlic are caramelized add beans, Kosher salt and stir, heating beans back up.
- Turn off heat add Parmesan cheese, cover with lid to retain heat and melt cheese and serve!