1 call-purpose flour
2 Tbspcorn meal
2 tspbaking powder
2 cwhole kernel corn or (1) 15oz can drained
1egg, lightly beaten
1 cvegetable oil
2 1/2 - 3 cvegetable oil
How to Make Fritters
- In a mixing bowl sift together the flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir the sweet corn kernels into this dry mixture.
- In another mixing bowl beat the egg, 1 cup oil and milk together.
- Pour the wet and dry mixtures together, stir until just blended.
- Heat the 3 cups of oil in a heavy pot to 350°F.
- Drop tablespoons of the batter into the hot oil and cook, turning occasionally until golden brown.
Use 1/2 cup green onion tops with 1 1/2 cups corn.
Use 1/2 cup red or green bell pepper with 1 1/2 cups corn.
Add 1 Tbsp yellow corn meal to batter.
Flatten them after flipping to make cake type patties.