1 can(s)40 oz. canned princella yams, save juice (other yams are too mushy)
1 can(s)8 oz. pineapple chunks, save juice
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1/2 tspeach: cinnamon, nutmeg & salt
1/2 cbrown sugar
How to Make Elaine's Pineapple Yams
- Melt 4 TBS butter in large sauce pan. Add cornstarch and whisk together.
- Using ALL of the pineapple juice, and some of the yam juice, to make 1 cup of liquid total, add to butter / cornstarch mixture.
- Whisk to blend.
- Blend spices with brown sugar (to prevent lumps). Add to roux in pan. Cook until thick and bubbly.
- Place yams and pineapple in large baking dish.
- Pour brown sugar sauce over yams. Bake 40 min. at 350 degrees. (Or warm slowly on stove top.)
- Just before serving, add mini marshmallows on top and carefully bake / broil until golden.