CORN, TOMATO & GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH BASIL OIL
Recipe & photo: Green Bean Delivery
- ears corn
- 1 lb
- green beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- 2 large
- tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 oz
- basil, leaves removed and stems discarded
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make CORN, TOMATO & GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH BASIL OIL
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove the husks and silks from the corn and add to boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes and then remove from heat and allow to cool. Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and run cold water over the top to stop the cooking process.
- 2Cut the kernels away from the cobs and add the kernels to a medium mixing bowl. Add the green beans and tomatoes.
- 3In a food processor, add the basil leaves. Turn on the food processor and slowly add oil in the top. Process until smooth. Season with a pinch of salt and a couple turns of a pepper grinder.
- 4Drizzle the basil oil over the corn, tomatoes, and green beans. Toss to coat the salad.
- 5NOTE: You may prefer your green beans cooked a bit longer than 5 minutes.