BRUSSELS SPROUTS & CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN
Recipe & photo: tasteofhome.com
- 4 c
- fresh cauliflowerets
- 4 c
- fresh brussels sprouts, quartered
- 4 slice
- bacon, chopped
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 c
- 2/3 c
- half and half
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 c
- parmesan and romano cheese blend
How to Make BRUSSELS SPROUTS & CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN
- 1Place cauliflower and brussels sprouts in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels; reserve drippings. Saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender.
- 3Stir the flour into drippings until blended and gradually add the milk, half and half, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Stir in cauliflower mixure and bacon. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake in a preheated 375º oven for about 15 minutes.
- 5Combine bread crumbs and cheese blend. Uncover vegetables; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Continue baking, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.