BRUSSELS SPROUTS & CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN
Recipe & photo: tasteofhome.com
4 cfresh cauliflowerets
4 cfresh brussels sprouts, quartered
4 slicebacon, chopped
1 largeonion, chopped
4 clovegarlic, minced
1/4 call purpose flour
2/3 chalf and half
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/2 cpanko bread crumbs
1/3 cparmesan and romano cheese blend
How to Make BRUSSELS SPROUTS & CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN
- Place cauliflower and brussels sprouts in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels; reserve drippings. Saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender.
- Stir the flour into drippings until blended and gradually add the milk, half and half, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cauliflower mixure and bacon. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake in a preheated 375º oven for about 15 minutes.
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese blend. Uncover vegetables; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Continue baking, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.