My Mom's Bread Dressing (Stuffing)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- oscar meyer bacon
- 2 c
- diced celery
- 1 c
- diced onion
- 2 12 oz bag(s)
- onion and sage bread stuffing
- rubbed sage
- enough chicken broth to dampen dressing, 1-2 cups
- maybe a little melted butter
How to Make My Mom's Bread Dressing (Stuffing)
- 1Cut up bacon in one inch pieces and brown lightly in pan. Do not drain grease.
You can use any bacon you like, My mom always used Oscar Meyer which has a certain flavor.
- 2When browned add celery and saute for 2-3 minutes
- 3Add onion and continue sauteing until onions become glassy and soft but not browned
- 4Empty Dressing bags into a large pan, (I use an old roasting pan)
- 5Pour the bacon,onion, celery evenly over the bread, Sprinkle about 1 tsp rubbed sage and mixed well.
- 6Add Chicken broth a little at a time. Dressing should be moist but not soggy and the bread cubes should still look like cubes but should be starting to stick together.
- 7Stuff your 12-14 lb turkey and roast according to directions. Don't stuff ahead of time. There will be leftovers. Place them in a baking dish and add a little more chicken broth and bake at 350 until warm and brown, about 45 minutes at 350. You can drizzle some melted butter over the top to make top nice and crispy.
- 8My sons love this and would eat only this for Thanksgiving with some gravy! It is a rather basic stuffing that is always a crowd pleaser.