IRISH MACARONI AND CHEESE
Recipe & photo: Kroger.inspiredgathering.com
1 lbpasta of your choice - penne, macaroni or ziti
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
1/2 tspsea salt
1 ckerrygold dubliner cheese, shredded and divided
1 cbread crumbs
6 Tbspkerrygold butter, divided
1/2 tspwhite pepper
1 ckerrygold aged reduced fat cheddar, shredded
1/2 ckerrygold blarney castle cheese, shredded
1/4 cflat leaf parsley, chopped
How to Make IRISH MACARONI AND CHEESE
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Melt 3 Tbsp. Kerrygold butter. Add flour and whisk over medium heat.
- Pour in milk slowly. Whisk well until incorporated and smooth. It will be thick at first. Add cayenne pepper, white pepper and sea salt.
- Gradually add cheddar, Blarney Castle and 1/2 of the Dubliner cheeses, whisking until incorporated.
- Add drained pasta into cheese sauce. Pour into large casserole dish.
- Mix together 1/2 the Dubliner Cheese, breadcrumbs, 3 Tbsp. melted butter and parsley. Top the pasta mixture with this mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- NOTE: Kerrygold dairy products can generally be found at WalMart stores, and I believe I have seen them at Kroger also.