TWO-POTATO AND ONION FRITTATA
Recipe & photo: Greenbeandelivery.com
- 1/2 c
- fruity olive oil (good quality extra-virgin)
- 1 lb
- white or red potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 lb
- sweet potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 large
- onion, thinly sliced or diced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 to 8
- eggs, beaten
How to Make TWO-POTATO AND ONION FRITTATA
- 1Heat 5 Tbsp. of the oil in a very large nonstick or cast-iron skillet. Add the potatoes and sweet potatoes and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until they're cooked through and golden, about 20 minutes. Separate any slices that stick together so they'll cook evenly. When done, transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- 2If no oil remains in the pan, add another tablespoon and saute the onions until they're lightly browned. Add the onions to the potatoes and sweet potatoes and season well with salt and pepper. Add the beaten eggs.
- 3Wipe out the pan, then return to stove and add 2 Tbsp. oil. Pour in the egg and potato mixture, smooth down any potatoes that stick up, and cook over low heat until golden on the bottom, about 10 minutes. Invert the frittata onto a plate, slide it back into the pan, and cook until set, a few minutes.
- 4Served with a fresh green salad, this is the perfect meal.