Recipe & photo: britishfood.about.com
4 largepotatoes, peeled and cut up (or 2 cups mashed)
3 mediumturnips, peeled and cut up (or about 1 cup mashed)
3 Tbspbutter, softened
9 ozsavoy cabbage or kale, cut up
·salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbspgrated cheddar cheese
How to Make RUMBLEDETHUMPS
- Cook potatoes and turnips for about 20 minutes and mash.
- Stir mashed vegetables together in a large bowl; set aside. Melt half the butter in a large skillet and add cabbage. Cook over medium heat, stirring, about 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the cabbage to the mashed potatoes and turnips; season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the remaining soft butter and blend well.
- Transfer mixture to a greased or sprayed 2-qt. casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese over the top and cover.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is golden brown.
- SUGGESTION: Add a little onion or garlic (or both!) for extra flavor.