Recipe & photo: britishfood.about.com
- 4 large
- potatoes, peeled and cut up (or 2 cups mashed)
- 3 medium
- turnips, peeled and cut up (or about 1 cup mashed)
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 9 oz
- savoy cabbage or kale, cut up
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- grated cheddar cheese
How to Make RUMBLEDETHUMPS
- 1Cook potatoes and turnips for about 20 minutes and mash.
- 2Stir mashed vegetables together in a large bowl; set aside. Melt half the butter in a large skillet and add cabbage. Cook over medium heat, stirring, about 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.
- 3Add the cabbage to the mashed potatoes and turnips; season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the remaining soft butter and blend well.
- 4Transfer mixture to a greased or sprayed 2-qt. casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese over the top and cover.
- 5Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is golden brown.
- 6SUGGESTION: Add a little onion or garlic (or both!) for extra flavor.