POLISH HAMBURGERS-MIELONE KOTLETY
- 1 slice
- stale white bread
- 1/4-1/2 c
- 3/4 lb
- ground beef
- 1/4-1/2 lb
- lean ground pork
- 1 small
- onion finely cuopped
- 1 large
- slightly beaten egg
- salt and ground black pepper
How to Make POLISH HAMBURGERS-MIELONE KOTLETY
- 1In a large bowl, soak bread in milk until soft. Add beef, pork, onion, egg, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. If mixture is mushy add 1 to 2 tablespoons bread crumbs.
- 2Divide meat mixture into 4 to 6 portions and shape into round hamburger shape. Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray and very slowly fry the patties thoroughly ( because of the pork ) until done.
- 3Brown the patties on both sides and transfer to a pan, with 2 tablespoons water or stock and bake at 325 degrees uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 4Serve as you would a burger or like a Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and mushroom sauce.