- peeled medium potatoes
- medium onion
- salt to you taste, she used 2 good pinches
- 1/2 c
- milk warmed
- 2 Tbsp
- butter melted, 2 tablespoons or just abit more
MAY OMITT BUTTER AND MILK FOR A HEALTHIER VERSION AND USE 1/4 OF POTATO WATER
How to Make Grandmom Mash
- 1Potato ricer hand held type or use what ricer you have.
- 2Put cut cubed potatoes and cubed skinless onion into pot of cold water,bring to the boil,reduce heat to medium boil and cook for about 15 to 20 mins. (cut potatoes same cube for even cooking)
- 3Melt butter in a small sauce pan, add milk till warm.
- 4Drain Potatoes with onions, Spoon them into hand ricer a little at a time till all riced.
- 5Add warm milk and butter, stir briskly. Then Enjoy!