6peeled medium potatoes
·salt to you taste, she used 2 good pinches
1/2 cmilk warmed
2 Tbspbutter melted, 2 tablespoons or just abit more
MAY OMITT BUTTER AND MILK FOR A HEALTHIER VERSION AND USE 1/4 OF POTATO WATER
How to Make Grandmom Mash
- Potato ricer hand held type or use what ricer you have.
- Put cut cubed potatoes and cubed skinless onion into pot of cold water,bring to the boil,reduce heat to medium boil and cook for about 15 to 20 mins. (cut potatoes same cube for even cooking)
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan, add milk till warm.
- Drain Potatoes with onions, Spoon them into hand ricer a little at a time till all riced.
- Add warm milk and butter, stir briskly. Then Enjoy!