GOLD POTATO PIE
Recipe & photo: homecooking.about.com
1 cheavy cream
1 tsponion powder
1/2 tspblack pepper
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 lb(about 4 medium) yukon gold potatoes, peeled and rinsed
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
1 Tbspchopped chives for garnish
How to Make GOLD POTATO PIE
- Heat milk, heavy cream, butter, onion powder, salt, pepper, and garlic in a heavy saucepan just to the boil. Remove from heat, cover, and keep warm.
- Cut potatoes into very thin slices.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the cream mixture into the bottom of a sprayed 10-inch pie plate. Starting from the outer edge and working in, place half of the potato slices in concentric circles, overlapping each slice about half-way. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering the second half of the potatoes. Carefully pour the remaining cream mixture over the potatoes, without dislodging the layers, so the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place the pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake in the lower third of a preheated 375º oven for 20 minutes. Remove and press down potatoes with a slotted spoon so they are covered with liquid. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake an additional 40 to 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and top is golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chives. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting.