Diabetic Greek Potato & Feta Omelet
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 tsp
- extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 c
- frozen hash brown potatoes, or cooked potatoes cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 c
- chopped scallions
- 4 large
- 1/8 tsp
- salt or to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- crumbled feta cheese
How to Make Diabetic Greek Potato & Feta Omelet
- 1Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat.( it has to beable to be placed in the broiler) Add potatoes and cook,shaking the pan and tossing the potatoes until golden brown.(4-5 minutes) Add scallions and cook for 1 minute longer.
- 2Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan. Blend eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in feta and the potato mixture. Preheat broiler. Brush the pan with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Heat over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and tilt to distribute evenly.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the bottom is light golden,lifting the the edges to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath.(3-4 minutes) Place the pan under the broiler and cook until the top is set.(1 1/2 - 2 1/2 minutes. Slide the omelet onto a plate and cut into wedges.