CREAMY MASHED POTATOES
How to Make CREAMY MASHED POTATOES
- 1 Hour before dinner, fill a heavy 4 quart pot 2/3 full of water and bring to a rolling boil ( this will take 10 to 15 minutes ).
- Add the potatoes and bring back to a slow boil over medium high heat. Once the potatoes are boiling the will be done in 15 to 18 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes ( reserve the water for the gravy ) and return to the pot.
- Cover and return to the stove with heat off for a few minutes so the potatoes will dry.
- Add garlic, pepper, sour cream milk and salt then mash with a hand masher or beat with a hand mixer
- Cover the potatoes tightly and leave on the back burner of the stove until ready to serve.