CHEESY CHEDDAR AND SPINACH MASHED POTATOES
Recipe & photo: cooking.com
- 6 large
- yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 4 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pkg
- (11 oz.) baby spinach
- 1-1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make CHEESY CHEDDAR AND SPINACH MASHED POTATOES
- 1Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer about 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and return to pot.
- 2Add the milk, broth, butter and 3/4 tsp. salt. Mash with a potato masher until fairly smooth.
- 3Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until very tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 4Add the spinach in batches and cook until spinach is wilted and any liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- 5Spread half the potato mixture into a sprayed 2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the spinach mixture and half of the cheese. Top with the remaining potato mixture, the remaining spinach mixure and the remaining cheese.
- 6Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 400º oven until the filling is heated through and the topping is browned and bubbly, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.