Arroz a la Mexicana
- 2 c
- chicken stock
- 2 large
- ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, smashed
- 1/2 small
- yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1 c
- long grain white rice, uncooked
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Arroz a la Mexicana
- 1Place stock, tomatoes, 1 clove garlic, and onion in a blender and puree until smooth; set tomato mixture aside.
- 2Heat oil in a 4 quart saucepan over medium-high heat; add remaining garlic and rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
Stir in tomato mixture, season with salt and pepper, and reduce heat to low.
Cook, covered, until rice is tender and has absorbed all liquid, 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Gently fluff the rice with a fork.