★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cheavy cream
3 lbsweet potatoes, peeled
1/2 cshredded gruyere cheese
How to Make Sweet Potato Gratin with Gruyere
- You'll Need:9-inch x 9-inch baking dish, mandoline (really helpful and saves a ton of time), nonstick cooking spray, large baking sheet
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with nonstick spray. Place baking dish on baking sheet.
- Stir together heavy cream and salt in large bowl. Using mandoline, slice yams into bowl, coating slices with cream mixture as you work.
- Layer 1/3 of sweet potatoes in baking dish. Sprinkle with half of cheese. Repeat with another 1/3 of sweet potatoes and remainder of cheese. Top with remaining sweet potatoes. Pour any remaining yam-cream mixture over top.
- Bake uncovered on center rack of oven 30 min. Remove from oven.
- Press fork or spatula, carefully, against top layer to allow liquid to flow over "crust." Replace pan in oven; bake 30 min. Remove pan; press top layer to allow liquid to flow over top. Replace pan in oven; bake 40-45 min or until sweet potatoes are tender. Remove from oven; let rest 15 min.