ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH HERBES DE PROVENCE
Easy, healthy and delicious, these sweet potatoes make the perfect side dish for any meat and add a French flair to your holiday table.
For more great recipes, please visit FamilySavvy.com
4-5medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
·pearl onions (or sweet onion, sliced into quarters)
1/4 cextra virgin olive oil
·kosher salt & ground pepper, to taste
·herbes de provence, to taste
How to Make ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH HERBES DE PROVENCE
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cover large baking sheet with foil.
- Toss potatoes and onions with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add seasonings to potatoes; toss until potatoes are well coated.
- Spread potatoes on baking sheet; be careful not to overcrowd.
- Bake until done and beginning to crisp at the edges, about 40 minutes.
- ** Tip for prepping ahead: Unlike russet or Idaho potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams do not turn brown or lose texture on exposure to air. Simply peel and cube potatoes ahead of time and refrigerate in a BPA free ziplcoc bag. When ready to roast, pour them into a bowl and season with extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) and all seasonings. Then spread on a foil lined aluminum baking sheet. If you want to place the baking sheet in the fridge, you can do this also. Just allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before baking.