Roast Potatoes Maltese-Style
6 mediumyukon gold potatoes, sliced 1/4" thick (no need to peel)
1 largeyellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
4 clovegarlic, peeled and minced
1 Tbspfennel seeds, slightly crushed
2 Tbspolive oil
1 cchicken broth
1 Tbsptomato paste
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Roast Potatoes Maltese-Style
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat a 2-qt baking dish with oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix garlic, fennel seed and olive oil in a bowl. Stir in broth and tomato paste until well combined.
- Place half the onion slices in bottom of prepared baking dish, then layer half the potatoes on top. Repeat with remaining onions and potatoes.
- Spread garlic-tomato sauce mixture evenly over top potato layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 1 hour, or until potatoes are cooked through and crispy on top.