Nancy Patrykus BLUE RIBBON IRISH BOXTY
Rose Mary Mogan
1 lbpotatoes, divided
1 mediumonion chopped fine ( i grated mine)
1/2 cvegetable oil
How to Make Nancy Patrykus BLUE RIBBON IRISH BOXTY
- Set half of potatoes aside for later. Peel and cut remaining potatoes into chunks. Place in pan and cover with cold water, bring to boil allow to cook over high heat. Then reduce heat to low and allow to cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and place in large bowl. Mash potatoes and set bowl aside.
- Now peel and grate reserved potatoes and stir them into the mashed potatoes. Add the onion, flour, salt pepper and mix well. Stir in milk and egg to form a batter.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Drop batter from a tablespoon into hot oil & cook 3-4 minutes, on each side. Drain on paper towel. Transfer to serving dish. Serve with applesauce and sour cream. Bet you can't eat just one.
- Thanks Ma(Nancy Patrykus for a super great recipe. I will think of you every time I make this recipe. We loved it. I doubled the recipe so we could have some left overs. Smile