Garlic Taters ‘N Cabbage
J. White Harris
4 largepotatoes, peeled, diced
1/2 tspgarlic powder
4 cshredded cabbage
1/4 cbutter, plus pats for topping
1 smallonion, chopped
1/2 cgreen onion, thinly sliced, about 3
2 clovegarlic, minced
2/3 cevaporated milk
·salt & ground black pepper, to taste
1 Tbspchopped parsley for garnish
How to Make Garlic Taters ‘N Cabbage
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove potatoes from boiling water, drain, add garlic powder, and mash.
- While the potatoes are cooking, wash and shred the cabbage. Add the cabbage to the boiling potato water and cook for about 10 minutes until tender. Drain the cabbage.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the minced onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the cabbage and stir in chopped green onion and the minced garlic. Cook for about one more minute.
- Combine the cabbage mixture with the mashed potatoes, add enough evaporated milk to make it creamy. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, add a couple pats of butter and let them melt over the top, serve and enjoy.