Garlic Taters ‘N Cabbage
J. White Harris
- 4 large
- potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 4 c
- shredded cabbage
- 1/4 c
- butter, plus pats for topping
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 c
- green onion, thinly sliced, about 3
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2/3 c
- evaporated milk
- salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped parsley for garnish
How to Make Garlic Taters ‘N Cabbage
- 1Boil potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove potatoes from boiling water, drain, add garlic powder, and mash.
- 2While the potatoes are cooking, wash and shred the cabbage. Add the cabbage to the boiling potato water and cook for about 10 minutes until tender. Drain the cabbage.
- 3Melt the butter in a large pan, add the minced onion and cook until translucent.
- 4Add the cabbage and stir in chopped green onion and the minced garlic. Cook for about one more minute.
- 5Combine the cabbage mixture with the mashed potatoes, add enough evaporated milk to make it creamy. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- 6Garnish with chopped parsley, add a couple pats of butter and let them melt over the top, serve and enjoy.