Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Garden Confetti
Rose Mary Mogan
What better way to say it than with potatoes. I embellished this recipe with a few minor changes but nothing major.
The blend of the sweet peppers with the shredded carrots, green onions and green peppers packed a lot of flavor into each mouthful.
My husband loved them, & that was most important to me, he kept telling me what a great meal I had created, & he knew all the work involved, because he looked @ ALL the RECIPES.
- 5 lb
- red potatoes, unpeeled & quartered
- 1 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt (add to water for boiling)
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut up & softened
- 1-1/2 c
- half & half or light cream
- 1 tsp
- salt(add when seasoning potatoes) or to taste
- 1 tsp
- cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or more if desired
- recipe for garden confetti
- 6 small
- mini sweet peppers, yellow,red, & orange, cut into rings & deseeded
- 1 bunch
- green onions, chopped
- green bell pepper, cut into strips & chopped
- 2 medium
- carrots, peeled & shredded
How to Make Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Garden Confetti
- 1In a large pot or dutch oven cook potatoes with 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, then cover with water. I chose to peel potatoes, and cut into smaller pieces to aid in the cooking time. Boil till tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.Or till fork pierced into potatoes is released easily. Chop all the veggies for the confetti and set aside till needed.
- 2Drain in colander and mash with a potato masher or an electric mixer on low speed, until slightly lumpy. Add cream cheese, half & half, salt & pepper. Beat well to blend together. Season to taste adding more if needed.
- 3Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Spoon confetti vegetables over potatoes, drizzle with melted butter if desired.
- 4TO MAKE THE GARDEN CONFETTI: Melt 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, over medium heat, add the shredded carrots, the sliced assorted pepper rings, the chopped onions and the diced green bell peppers, cook & stir over low heat, about 5-6 minutes till veggies are tender and transparent. Keep warm till needed, then top mashed potatoes with confetti & drizzle with additional butter if desired. Serve while still hot.
- 5My potatoes are displayed in my new Le Creuset dish that I won in the pork Be Inspired Pork Contest #3. I think it really does make a beautiful presentation don't you. You will be seeing this dish for a long time IN OTHER DISHES THAT I MAKE. I LOVE IT. You will love the flavor that the veggie confetti adds to these potatoes.I made a few minor changes to the recipe, it is from Better Homes & Gardens Christmas Cooking From the Heart.