Creamy Mashed Potatoes W/Sour Cream & Chive
Rose Mary Mogan
My husband makes the best tasting mashed potatoes I have ever eaten. He has been the designated OFFICIAL POTATO MASHER SINCE HE WAS ABOUT 12 YEARS OLD. SO HE HAS HAD MANY YEARS OF PRACTICE over the years. They are ALWAYS MADE BY HAND.
So when he & I got married, I saw no reason to change his role. I always make everything else,& it is ALWAYS his job to mash the potatoes.
They are creamy, smooth, buttery & ALWAYS VERY TASTY. SO I HOPE YOU TRY THE RECIPE so you can enjoy them as much as we do.
- 5 lb
- russet potatoes or potatoes of your choice[cubed]
- 1 Tbsp
- kosher salt for boiling potatoes( or less if desired)
- 1/2-1 tsp
- kosher salt for seasoning cooked potatoes if desired
- 1 tsp
- coarse black pepper
- 1 1/2 stick
- butter softened (less if desired)
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream( we use regular daisy brand) can use lite or fat free
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped chive
- 2 1/2 tsp
- granulated onion powder [not onion salt]
- 1 1/2 tsp
- granulated garlic powder [not garlic salt]
- good strong potato masher[i use my husband] can use a mixer if desired