Chick's String Beans & Potato's
Try them! I'm sure you'll love them too! :)
3 1/2 lbfresh string beans
6 clovefresh garlic
1 pkgpork bacon sliced
6-8small - medium red or yukon gold potatoes quartered & peeled
1 smallred onion
2 Tbspgarlic powder
1 Tbsponion powder
2 1/4 cwater
·salt to taste
·black pepper to taste
·3- 4 shakes of garlic salt with parsley flakes
How to Make Chick's String Beans & Potato's
- Wash the string beans under cool water. Snap the ends off of the string beans and snap or cut into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Chop the Onion & Garlic and Set aside.
- Wash the potato's and peel *(You may keep the skin on if you prefer). Cut the potato's into halves then cut the halves into quaters. Set aside in a bowl of cold water to keep them from turning brown.
- Add string beans & water into a large pot. Cover and cook them on medium high heat. Allow the beans to cook 20 minutes at this temperature. Reduce heat to medium then add the Onion & Garlic powder.
- In a medium pan fry bacon until crisp then remove from heat, add about a 1/4 cup of water to the bacon pan. Stir with a wooden spoon to lift all bits off bottom of pan. Add this water to the pot of beans and stir. Cover and stir occasionally.
- Cut or break bacon slices into smaller pieces and add to the pot. Stir in chopped garlic & onions and allow to cook until the string beans start to become tender enough to poke through easily with a fork.
- Add potato's and allow to cook until the potato's are soft. Remember to always cover your pot and stir occasionally. String beans should be soft and there should be plenty of juices in the pot to scoop up when you serve the beans, Enjoy!