Zucchini and Basil Angel Hair Pasta
2 Tbspolive oil
2 cloveminced garlic
3 Tbspminced red onion
1/2 mediumzucchini - chopped
1 qtstewed tomatoes - drained (reserve juice)
1juice from 1 lemon
3torn leaves of fresh basil
1/8 tspsalt or to taste
1/2 pkgmulti grain angel hair pasta
How to Make Zucchini and Basil Angel Hair Pasta
- Saute garlic, onion and zucchini in olive oil for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice, basil and salt. Simmer while cooking pasta.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Toss drained pasta with sauce and serve. Add grated parmesan, if desired.
- NOTE: The pasta will absorb some of the liquid of your sauce, so if your mixture gets a little dried out, you can add some of that reserved tomato juice to moisten it.