HOMEMADE GERMAN NOODLES
How to Make HOMEMADE GERMAN NOODLES
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and nutmeg, In a measuring cup, whisk together the, milk, water, and egg add to the flour and stir with a wooden spoon to form a soft dough.
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring 3 quarts water to a boil over high heat. Working quickly with your hands, press the dough, about 3 tablespoons at a time, through a large-holed colander or coarse grater directly into the boiling water.
- Cook, stirring often for 6 to 8 minutes or until the noodles are firm and no raw flour taste remains. Drain well.
- Transfer the noodles to a heated platter. Add the butter, and pepper, and toss well. Makes 6 servings
- GREEN GERMAN NOODLES: Add 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley, basil, tarragon, or chives to butter and mix well.