Greek Tzatziki (traditional village recipe)
- 1 c
- white cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 c
- red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- white vinegar
- carrot, grated
- garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 500 g
- greek yogurt
- 1 sprig(s)
- dill chopped ((can use approx. 2 tsp dried)
How to Make Greek Tzatziki (traditional village recipe)
- 1In a container with a lid, place both finely chopped cabbages, add the vinegar,give it a good mix, close and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hrs, until the cabbage gets somewhat soft.
- 2Remove cabbage from fridge and strain really well. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well and put back in fridge. Chill for at least an hour.
- 3The tzatziki will not be white, as usual, it will be a deep sort of purple color, which comes from the red cabbage. May look strange but tastes great. Enjoy!!!